American Board Of Family Medicine
The American Board of Family Medicine
1648 McGrathiana Parkway, Suite 550
Lexington, KY 40511
Phone: (859) 269-5626
Toll-free: (888) 995-5700
Fax: (859) 335-7501http://www.theabfm.org
Maintenance of Certification Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Requirements
- Complete 150 CME credits of specialty-relevant CME every three years. A minimum of 75 of the 150 CME Credits must be AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Complete a minimum of one Self-Assessment Activity every three years. This requirement can be met from the successful completion of a Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA) activity or by completing at least 4 quarters of the Continuous Knowledge Self-Assessment (CKSA) in each 3-year period. Successful completion of a KSA earns 10 ABFM MOC Points and 8 AMA PRA Category CME Credits™ and the CKSA is worth 2.5 ABFM MOC Points per quarter. Both activities can be accessed through the ABFM Physician Portfolio.
- The Clinical Self-Assessment (CSA) is now optional. Successful completion of a CSA earns 5 ABFM MOC Points and 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. CSA’s are accessed through the ABFM Physician Portfolio.
COVID-19 Update March 2020 JAMA
Coronavirus testing, mortality, vaccine development, containment vs mitigation, and more. Anthony S. Fauci, MD discusses the latest developments in the global spread of COVID-19 and the SARS-CoV-2 virus with JAMA Editor Howard Bauchner, MD.- What’s the difference between COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2? (01:15)- What’s the status and accuracy of diagnostic testing in the US? (01:58)- What’s the case-fatality rate for the virus? (05:31)- Scientific advances and vaccine development (25:06)- Are current clinical trials providing a picture of treatments? (13:41)- Risk communication: how do we present information so there’s faith that it’s accurate? (15:24)- Risk groups (children, the elderly, pregnant women) (16:26)- Containment vs mitigation vs quarantine vs isolation (19:10) – Protecting the elderly and nursing home resident (23:52)- Public health prospects in Latin America, Africa (26:35)- Will coronavirus wane in warmer months like influenza? (27:52)- Why is anxiety so high about this disease?- Does the US have capacity to care for COVID19 infection? (31:03)- What is your daily schedule like? (32:23).
1. This activity is accredited by the American Medical Association.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
The requirements and other information provided on this page are determined by each ABMS Member Board and may be subject to change. Please refer to the relevant Board’s website to confirm the applicable requirements.