ExpiresDecember 11, 2020
American Medical Association
This activity covers non-pharmacologic treatment approaches for chronic pain, including mind-body therapies, exercise therapies, manual therapies, and psychological interventions. Key strategies for physicians to engage patients around non-pharmacologic modalities are discussed.
1. This activity is hosted on the AMA Ed Hub.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
At the end of this activity, you will be able to:
1. Discuss multimodal care as it relates to pain management;
2. Describe non-pharmacologic treatment modalities for pain;
3. Identify strategies for engaging patients in the use of non-pharmacologic treatments.
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit