ExpiresAugust 30, 2024
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
Organize your practice to safely manage acute and chronic pain.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward initiative.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Explain chronic pain and how pain-related issues have attributed to the opioid epidemic
2. Identify the importance of engaging those providing team-based care including the patient when treating acute or chronic pain
3. Describe how to assess a patient's need for pain control and safely initiate opioid treatment
4. Discuss the importance of monitoring patients on chronic opioid therapy and implementing strategies to mitigate risk
Interpersonal & Communication Skills, Systems-based Practice
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment