ExpiresMay 29, 2024
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
Learn about how you can start using electronic prior authorization, or ePA, and what the AMA is doing to help at www.ama-assn.org/prior-auth.
1. This activity is hosted on the AMA Ed Hub.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
At the end of this activity, you will be able to:
1. List problems associated with the current prior authorization (PA) process
2. Identify who is burdened by the current PA process
3. Describe how pharmacy electronic prior authorization (ePA) is different from current PA processes
4. Identify at least three advantages of ePA over the current PA process
5. Describe how to get started with ePA
Health Care Economics, Insurance, Payment
Practice-based Learning & Improvement, Systems-based Practice
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Physician Well-being activity
Efficiencies in Medical Practice