ExpiresOctober 2, 2022
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
Implementing behavioral health services in a primary care environment helps practices address patients’ medical needs, behavioral choices, and mental health issues. This integrative model allows providers to better meet all health needs of their patients.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward initiative.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Describe steps to assess current processes and resources to determine the behavioral health model that will work best for your practice and patients
2. Explain how to integrate complementary team-based care roles
3. Determine how to incorporate behavioral health services into team-based primary care
4. Identify metrics to track and monitor the embedded behavioral health model
Practice-based Learning & Improvement, Systems-based Practice
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment
Physician Well-being activity
Efficiencies in Medical Practice