ExpiresJune 3, 2025
CME Provider: American Society of Addiction Medicine
Description of CME Course
This 1-hour on-demand webinar cover professional practice gaps of addiction specialist physicians and other practitioners seeking guidance about existing billing codes that may be used to bill for services provided to patients with substance use disorder (SUD). This webinar will cover information contained in the Reimbursement for Medications for Addiction Treatment Toolkit, information on final changes to opioid treatment programs (OTP) and relevant telehealth offerings in the Medicare program for calendar year (CY) 2022, case studies, billing guidance, as well as best practices.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS Lifelong Learning CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of codes available to bill for treatment of a SUD;
2. Describe the federal changes to telehealth policies in outpatient and OTP treatment programs;
3. Explain federal Medicaid policies around the treatment of SUD using telehealth;
4. Describe alternative payment model arrangements indicated for treating SUD; and
5. Identify strategies for addressing issues related to the payment of claims for the treatment of SUD.
addiction, addiction medicine, substance use disorder, primary care
Interpersonal & Communication Skills, Medical Knowledge, Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Practice-based Learning & Improvement, Professionalism, Systems-based Practice
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Physician Well-being activity
Organizational Culture of Wellness, Efficiencies in Medical Practice
Academic Medicine, Inpatient, Outpatient, Rural, Urban, VA/Military