ExpiresJanuary 7, 2021
American Medical Association
Inappropriate and disruptive behavior from physicians and other hospital staff present a serious threat to patient safety and quality of care. This activity defines these behaviors and provides you with a downloadable copy of the AMA Model Medical Staff Code of Conduct.
1. This activity is hosted on the AMA Ed Hub.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Identify the link between disruptive behavior and patient safety
2. Compare appropriate and inappropriate behaviors with behaviors that could be described as disruptive
3. Describe the importance of addressing inappropriate and disruptive behavior and how to create a plan to address these behaviors leveraging the AMA's Model Medical Staff Code of Conduct
Continuing Medical Education and Maintenance of Certification, Health Care Quality, Health Care Safety, Medical Education and Training, Physician Leadership
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit