ExpiresDecember 31, 2020
American Medical Association
Promote the Triple Aim.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward initiative.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
At the end of this activity, you will be able to:
1. Explain how to identify the patient population that is the best opportunity for value-based care;
2. List steps to design a care model;
3. Discuss ways to identify potential partners in the community to enhance the practice's ability to offer better transitional care and outpatient care management;
4. Demonstrate how to recognize unnecessary costs in your practice;
5. Describe steps to evaluate progress to determine the impact on the target population.
Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Systems-based Practice
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment