ExpiresJune 19, 2024
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
In this course, you will learn about demographic trends contributing to the aging of the US population, implications of population aging for the US health care system, and predicted impacts on patients, physicians, and medical trainees.
1. This activity is hosted on the AMA Ed Hub.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Describe current age and fertility demographic trends in the United States
2. Identify the potential impacts of those trends on the US health care system
3. Recognize predicted impacts of the aging population of the United States on patients, physicians and medical trainees
Geriatrics, Patient Care
Practice-based Learning & Improvement, Systems-based Practice
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit