ExpiresMarch 31, 2022
American Association for Physician Leadership
Enroll in Social Media for Physician Leaders to develop and strengthen a social media voice — one that communicates effectively with patients and team members, emphasizes the safety of personal information and uses marketing principles to benefit the organization and people involved.
• The key communities and channels (closed, public, and enterprise) physician leaders can use to strengthen communication
• The ways strong networking and team-based care can potentially improve patient outcomes
• The importance of professional management and data privacy in today’s always-on society
• Opportunities for marketing and heightened patient awareness through social media
• This course is in the Health IT Leadership Certificate program.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II Self-Assessment Activity
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
• Identify the importance of social media and its impact on physician leadership
• Explore the key public, closed and enterprise channels and communities relative to health care professionals
• Recognize the potential for improvements to patient outcomes through the use of networking and team-based care
• Review the importance of professional management and privacy of data in today’s always-on society
• Outline the opportunities in social media for marketing and patient awareness of an organization
social media, leadership, communication
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit