ExpiresOctober 2, 2022
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
An efficient revenue management system is critical for your practice’s financial health and sustainability. Learn how to streamline your practice’s revenue cycle to establish a successful patient payment program.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward initiative.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS Lifelong Learning CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Describe ways to explain to patients the importance of verifying their insurance eligibility before appointments
2. Explain the benefits of streamlining and automating revenue cycle functions
3. List the benefits of a standardized electronic remittance advice document (ERA) for your practice's efficiencies
4. Identify the benefits and risks of electronic payment options and list steps needed to make an informed decision regarding the best option for your practice
Workflow and Process, Technology and Finance
Practice-based Learning & Improvement
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment
Physician Well-being activity
Efficiencies in Medical Practice