ExpiresNovember 28, 2024
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
Exome testing can provide an important diagnostic approach. In this module, learn how to identify patients who may benefit, recognize clinically significant exome test results, and collaborate with genetic experts in ongoing patient evaluation and management.
1. This activity is hosted on the AMA Ed Hub.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS Lifelong Learning CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Identify how to communicate with patients about the benefits, risks, and limitations of exome testing and expectations for an appointment with a genetic expert
2. Recognize how to communicate with patients about positive, negative, and uncertain results from exome testing
3. Recognize how to collaborate with a genetic expert throughout the exome testing process, including initial referral and ongoing patient management
Genetics and Genomics
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit