ExpiresApril 24, 2023
American Medical Association
The Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) method provides a straightforward, iterative approach to quality improvement in your practice. The PDSA framework is easy to adopt regardless of practice size or resources. As ongoing quality improvement becomes part of your practice’s culture, your team will continue to find opportunities to improve existing processes.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward initiative.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
At the end of this activity, you will be able to:
1. Identify how to plan a quality improvement initiative;
2. Describe how to implement a quality improvement initiative;
3. Explain how to evaluate the performance of a quality improvement initiative;
4. Recognize how to adjust a quality improvement initiative based on the results.
Medical Knowledge, Systems-based Practice
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment
Physician Well-being activity
Efficiencies in Medical Practice