ExpiresOctober 2, 2022
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
A well-designed clinic space can improve the patient experience, team culture, communication, quality of care, and practice workflows. Learn how to redesign your clinic to improve patient satisfaction, and optimize how your patient-care team collaborates.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward initiative.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Describe the importance of creating a space with well-designed team stations and clinic examination rooms
2. Identify the impact of positive distractions, within the clinic's surroundings, on the patient
3. List measures one can take to create a spacious and welcoming examination room
4. Recognize the value added to patient experience and engagement through shared computer screens and team documentation
Workflow and Process, Health Care Quality
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment
Physician Executives, Rural, Urban