ExpiresOctober 1, 2022
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
This Code of Medical Ethics module provides guidance to physicians regarding their responsibilities to communicate and maintain proper informed consent when it comes to innovative treatments, telemedicine, research, and genetic testing of children.
1. This activity is part of the AMA Code of Medical Ethics.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS Lifelong Learning CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Explain a physician's responsibilities for obtaining informed consent when using innovative treatments
2. Explain a physician's responsibilities for obtaining informed consent when practicing telemedicine
3. Explain a physician's responsibilities for obtaining informed consent when conducting research
4. Explain a physician's responsibilities for obtaining informed consent when conducting a genetic test on a child
Continuing Medical Education and Maintenance of Certification, Ethics, Genetics and Genomics, Health Care Delivery Models, Medical Education and Training
Interpersonal & Communication Skills, Professionalism
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit