ExpiresMay 22, 2021
American Medical Association
Improve Patient Outcomes and Reduce Costs.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward initiative.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
At the end of this activity, you will be able to:
1. Define medication adherence and its importance for patient health;
2. Recognize the importance of developing a routine process for inquiring about medication adherence;
3. Identify top reasons for patients' intentional nonadherence to medications;
4. Explain the importance of a personalized approach to medication adherence and patient involvement in treatment plans.
Patient Care, Health Care Quality
Interpersonal & Communication Skills, Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Practice-based Learning & Improvement
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment
Inpatient, Outpatient, Rural, Urban, VA/Military