ExpiresMay 22, 2021
American Medical Association
Eliminate Waste and Spend More Time with Patients.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward initiative.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
At the end of this activity, you will be able to:
1. List ways to identify a high–level process improvement champion and create an interdisciplinary improvement team;
2. Explain how to utilize Lean tactics to identify sources of waste in clinic workflows;
3. Describe steps to empower front–line staff to identify an improvement project and make improvements;
4. Identify Lean methods of improvement.
Leading Change, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Pediatrics, Electronic Health Records
Practice-based Learning & Improvement, Systems-based Practice
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment
Physician Well-being activity
Efficiencies in Medical Practice