ExpiresJune 18, 2023
American Medical Association
In this course you will learn about trends related to health care spending, health care expenditures by category, and the burden of rising health spending on patients. The course also posits projected impacts of these trends.
1. This activity is hosted on the AMA Ed Hub.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Identify current trends in health care spending
2. Recognize key drivers increasing the cost of U.S. health care
3. Explain predicted impacts of health care spending trends for patients, physicians, payers and policymakers
Health Care Economics, Insurance, Payment
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit