ExpiresJune 18, 2023
American Medical Association
In this course you will learn about both health care industry consolidation and health care coverage trends. Consolidation includes trends on merger and acquisition (M&As) activities. The health care coverage section cites trends among several patient populations.
1. This activity is hosted on the AMA Ed Hub.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Identify current trends in health care consolidation and coverage
2. Describe factors contributing to widespread consolidation in health care
3. Recognize effects of health care coverage on patient access to care
4. Explain predicted impacts of health care consolidation and coverage trends for patients, physicians, payers and policymakers
Health Care Economics, Insurance, Payment
Practice-based Learning & Improvement
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit