ExpiresApril 11, 2022
American Medical Association
AMA Journal of Ethics’ podcast features interviews with experts on a wide range of cultural, legal, and social topics in health care ethics. We sort through difficult questions, talk about how to weigh competing values, and offer strategies for navigating real world cases.
1. This activity is part of the AMA Journal of Ethics.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
At the end of this activity, you will be able to:
1. Identify key ethical values or principles at stake, as described in the program;
2. Distinguish among factors of ethical, clinical, legal, social, and cultural significance;
3. Articulate how central themes of clinical and ethical relevance in the program can influence health care practice;
4. Explain at least one way in which micro-level clinical ethics questions intersect with broader macro-level policy questions in health care.
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit