ExpiresAugust 21, 2022
American Medical Association
Empathetic listening can help improve the patient experience. Learn to how to listen with empathy to better support your patients’ needs and wants, and improve patient satisfaction.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward initiative.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Identify the benefits of listening with empathy
2. Demonstrate best practice techniques to listen for underlying feelings, needs, or values
3. List ways to reflect on conversations and refine listening techniques as necessary
Patient Care, Health Care Quality
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment