ExpiresAugust 27, 2020
American Medical Association
This course describes EHR trends, including perceived impacts on quality of care and administrative burden, interoperability, and the potential of innovative solutions like Blockchain and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources to alleviate pain points related to EHR usage.
1. This activity is hosted on the AMA Ed Hub.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Identify current trends on electronic health records (EHR)
2. Examine promises offered by Blockchain and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) to address friction points
3. Discover predicted impacts of EHR trends for patients, physicians and payers
Electronic Health Records
Practice-based Learning & Improvement
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Physician Well-being activity
Efficiencies in Medical Practice