ExpiresJune 30, 2023
American Medical Association
Efficiently manage your in-basket to provide better, more timely patient care.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward initiative.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Identify the different types of messages that enter your in-basket and determine how they can be routed to other care team members
2. Describe the importance of working with the IT department to restructure your in-basket
3. Explain why you should create a team pool and how to utilize your team to streamline work
4. Discuss the need for developing standard workflows for common in-basket tasks
Workflow and Process, Electronic Health Records
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment
Physician Well-being activity
Efficiencies in Medical Practice