ExpiresDecember 31, 2024
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
Physician incompetence, unethical behavior, and disruptive behavior each pose a legitimate threat to patients and undermine the public’s confidence in the profession. Learn how to identify and address these issues and proper reporting principles in this Code of Medical Ethics module.
1. This activity is part of the AMA Code of Medical Ethics.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS Lifelong Learning CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Discuss different kinds of unprofessional physician conduct including incompetence, disruptive behavior, and unethical behavior
2. Explain the negative impact that these types of unprofessional conduct may have on patients
3. Describe what to keep in mind while intervening or reporting an instance of unprofessional conduct
Continuing Medical Education and Maintenance of Certification, Ethics, Medical Education and Training
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Physician Well-being activity
Organizational Culture of Wellness