ExpiresJune 18, 2023
American Medical Association
In this course you will learn about trends on current and projected prescription drug spending, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, projected drug spending, public opinion on drug costs and proposed controls, biologics and biosimilars, cancer drugs, and drug shortages.
1. This activity is hosted on the AMA Ed Hub.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Identify current trends in drug spending, biologics, biosimilars, cancer drugs and drug shortages
2. Define causes of, and efforts taken, to mitigate the rising costs of prescription drugs and drug shortages
3. Explain predicted impacts of drug spending and drug shortage trends for patients, physicians, payers and policymakers
Health Care Economics, Insurance, Payment, Pharmacoeconomics
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit