ExpiresAugust 27, 2020
American Medical Association
As part of the Health Care Trends series, in this course you will learn about trends relating to connected health, remote patient monitoring, devices, and telehealth. The course also posits projected impacts of these trends.
1. This activity is hosted on the AMA Ed Hub.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Understand the status of connected health and remote patient monitoring, physician and patient attitudes toward these efforts, and new technologies on the horizon
2. Recognize the current scope of telehealth and identify its possible impacts on care delivery, cost, patient satisfaction, and barriers to widespread adoption
3. Explain predicted impacts of health information technology trends for patients, physicians, and payers
Electronic Health Records
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Inpatient, Outpatient, Physician Executives, Rural, Urban