ExpiresApril 6, 2024
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
In this course you will learn the prevalence, associated factors, possible solutions, and predicted impacts of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) for patients, physicians and policymakers.
1. This activity is hosted on the AMA Ed Hub.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Describe the prevalence of antimicrobial resistance
2. Recognize major contributing factors to antimicrobial resistance
3. Identify possible solutions to antimicrobial resistance
4. Explain predicted impacts of antimicrobial resistance for patients, physicians, and policymakers
Antibiotic Use, Overuse, Resistance, Stewardship, Infectious Diseases, Public Health
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit