ExpiresNovember 30, 2024
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
This Code of Medical Ethics module guides physicians on steps that can be taken to improve patient care, foster transparent decision-making, and create policies that support staff well-being.
1. This activity is part of the AMA Code of Medical Ethics.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS Lifelong Learning CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Describe how institutional policies shape the practice environment
2. Identify key areas of policies important to an ethical practice environment
3. Recognize how a physician might play a leading role in creating an ethical practice environment
4. Identify opportunities to improve the policies in your own practice environment
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit