ExpiresAugust 21, 2025
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
Choosing Wisely is a campaign that promotes conversations between patients and physicians to reduce misuse and overuse of medical tests. Learn how Choosing Wisely resources will support your practice in delivering high-quality care.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward initiative.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS Lifelong Learning CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Explain the aim of Choosing Wisely® and its impact on delivering more effective patient care
2. Identify ways to engage practitioners, providers, clinical support staff, and patients in the Choosing Wisely® patient-centered care approach
3. Explain the importance of an implementation plan for Choosing Wisely® within your practice
4. Discuss the importance of using Choosing Wisely® data to track performance improvement
Practice-based Learning & Improvement, Professionalism
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment
Physician Well-being activity
Efficiencies in Medical Practice