ExpiresJune 28, 2020
Academy for Continued Healthcare Learning
Advancements in Cancer Management is an enduring educational activity designed to foster dialogue between primary care providers (PCPs) and the oncology team and to provide strategies that contribute to integrative cancer care for patients. This activity is designed to enhance clinician knowledge and competence and provide real-world guidance and recommendations for treatment and management of complex patient situations. Topics such as screening high-risk patients, cancer pain management, immunotherapy treatment and adverse event management, monitoring for the long-term effects of treatment and/or disease, combining integrative therapies with cancer treatment, and drug-drug interactions will be covered for PCPs to expand their knowledge and transform their practice in cancer care in order to ensure and enable optimal patient outcomes.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
• Explain the use of multimodal analgesia to manage pain and reduce the use of opioids.
• Describe how integrative therapies and lifestyle change programs are employed as adjunct therapies in the care of cancer patients.
• Evaluate immuno-oncology approaches in cancer treatment, including patient selection.
• Describe the appropriate follow-up protocols for identification of pulmonary nodules.
• Recognize the pathophysiology and clinical presentations of various subtypes of pleural effusions.
• Describe the various treatment options for each of the various pleural effusions.
Oncology, Cancer, Immunotherapy, Integrative therapies
Medical Knowledge, Patient Care & Procedural Skills, Practice-based Learning & Improvement
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit