ExpiresAugust 30, 2024
CME Provider: American Medical Association
Description of CME Course
Improve health outcomes by addressing social determinants of health.
1. This activity is part of the AMA STEPSForward Series.
2. This activity is free to AMA members.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Allergy and Immunology
Colon and Rectal Surgery
Medical Genetics and Genomics
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
1. Define social determinants of health and how they can impact an individual's health
2. Identify how best to understand the health needs of your community and ways to engage community members to improve their overall health
3. Describe how your practice can select and define a plan to begin addressing social determinants of health
4. Explain the different tools available to screen patients and how your practice can link patients to these resources
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
This activity qualifies for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), where you can earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment