ExpiresFebruary 25, 2022
CME Provider: Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association
Description of CME Course
The ACTRIMS (America’s Committee on Treatment and Research in MS) Forum 2021 is a scientific meeting that provides an environment to critically evaluate advances in research, technology, and its impact on care for patients with multiple sclerosis. As we move into our sixth annual ACTRIMS Forum, we remain committed to presenting a comprehensive educational program and cutting-edge science through a virtual stage on February 25—27, 2021.
Themed The Spectrum of Multiple Sclerosis, it is anticipated 1,000 researchers, clinicians, young
investigators, postdoctoral fellows, and educators from the US, Canada, and international countries will
participate. The meeting format includes more than 30 lectures and the involvement of more than 40
faculty members from leading academic centers. Sessions will be available on ACTRIMS’ educational
platform for review 6-months post meeting.
ABMS Member Board Approvals by Type
ABMS MOC Part II CME Activity
Psychiatry and Neurology
NOTE: If a Member Board has not deemed this activity for MOC approval as an accredited CME activity, this activity may count toward an ABMS Member Board’s general CME requirement. Please refer directly to your Member Board’s MOC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment Program Requirements.
- Assess clinical, radiological, and cognitive criteria of MS for early detection and effective monitoring and
treating patients with MS throughout their lifespan.
- Evaluate the clinical characteristics of MS in subsets of patients including cognitive function associated
with pediatric onset MS, CNS recovery associated with aging, the impact of remyelination and recovery in
menopausal women, and the characteristics of MS in Hispanic and Latino populations.
- Identify risk factors that provide a rationale for a clinical management strategy for individual patients
suffering from MS during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Analyze evidence-based data related to the safety of various types of vaccines for patients with MS and
who are receiving DMT.
- Analyze inflammasomes and pyroptosis and nutrition impact in MS.
- Examine the clinical, pathological, and
CME Credit Type
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Academic Medicine, Inpatient, Outpatient, Physician Scientists, Rural, Urban, VA/Military